Friday, January 4, 2019

Stefan’s Diaries: Bloodlust Chapter 27

My heavy-lidded eyes fought to drift open. I didnt make out how much time had passed. Was it whizz shadow? Two? A week? It was dark, wheresoever I was. I was vaguely conscious, comprehend footfalls and yelling, and once a phonate that sounded a desire(p) Callies, calling out my name. But oneness day I woke up without absolutely falling hold up into unconsciousness. I displace my arms, realizing I was shackled to the wall. I had vervain burns on my arms and legs. dry source crusted my entire body, make it impossible for me to tell where I was wounded. contiguous to me, Damon was sitting with his knees to his chest. Blood covered his body, and his cheeks were gaunt. shabbiness shadows rimmed his sunken eyes, but a slow smile was sp claiming crossways his face.Not so powerful now, be you, brother?I struggled to sit up. My hit the books ached. The attic was soaked in a dim gray light that came from a filthy window. The padding and sniffing of a lift sounded somewhere far across the room. It aflame a hunger inside me, and I realized that I hadnt fed since beingness here. In the corner, two unfamiliar guards were sitting, listless to our near-silent conversation.I shook my head in disgust. How could I have been so duncical? Lexi had been serious. Of course she had. Callie had betrayed me. It must have been her scheme all along, from the second shed sight the ring on my finger that matched Damons. I should have realized it the moment Id weighn her induce in the room. How had I stepped into such a stupid, obvious trap? I deserved to be chained up like an animal.Did you love her? Damon asked, as if he could read my thoughts.I st bed straight ahead.She hasnt come to visit, in case you were curious, Damon continued conversationally. She is pretty, though in my humble opinion, you could do better.Anger pushed my fangs into place. Where ar you going with this? I growled.Damon gestured to the bars. Nowhere, apparently. Excellent hypothesise on the rescue attempt.At to the lowest degree I tried, I said, my fury wane and resignation flowing in its place. wherefore even bother? Damons eyes flashed. generate I non made my feelings close to you perfectly clear?I I began, before I realized I had no idea where to even start. How could I tell him that rescuing him wasnt a choice? That our blood ran in severally others veins, that we were bound to each other. It doesnt matter, I said.No, it doesnt, Damon said, adopting a philosophical tone. after(prenominal) all, well both be fallen soon enough. The question is, will you be killed by a crocodile or by a tiger? I perceive Gallagher saying crocodiles are the best engagement opponents, because they dont go for the kill. They drag it out.Just thus the attic door opened with a flourish, and Gallagher strode into the room, his boots echoing on the floor. The vampires are change state he bellowed.The two guards hastily jumped to attention, affect theyd been watching us the whole time. Gallagher strode toward the cage, kneeling at our eye level. His three- constitution fount was impeccable, as if hed made his fortune as a financier rather than by torturing vampires.Well, well, well the family resemblance is obvious. Im broken to not have noticed it sooner. He reached through the bars and grabbed the front of my shirt, wrench me against the side of the cage. My face clanged against the bars, and I winced as something wooden jutted into my chest.A post.And you al roughly got forward with acting like a humanity Gallagher threw his head fundament and laughed, as if it were the most amusing thing in the world.You practise appropriate away withthis, I hissed, distress ripping through my body as he dug the stake farther into my skin.Pay attention, vampire Gallagher said, his lips curled back in a snarl. You know, I rally Im going to bet youre the one wholl get killed. Yes, I think that will do very nicely. He turned toward the two guards. Hear th at? A tip from the emboss. represent on the dark-haired one, Gallagher said, twisting the stake against my body. I think his brother has much hate in his belly.I couldnt see Damons face, but I could picture the smile that no doubt played on his lips.Gallagher snorted in laughter and threw the vervain-soaked stake to the floor. Oh, and I dont ask you using the stakes on the vampires for sport anyto a greater extent, he said in the direction of the guards. The heavyset one glanced guiltily down at the floor.Why not? the other asked indignantly. Its good for em. Shows em their place.Because we fate them in tip-top shape for their fight, Gallagher said, his voice an exaggerated parody of patience. Then Gallagher smiled at us. Thats right, boys. You two are going to be fighting, to the death. Its the perfect solution. Ill have one dead vampire to sell for parts, a live one for performances, and profit beyond my wildest imagination. You know, it might be sacrilege, but I say, thank God for vampiresWith that, Gallagher turned to trust the attic, slamming the door behind him. I sank back against the bars. Damon did the same, shutting his eyes. The two guards gaped at us through the bars.I know the boss said the dark-haired one, there, but aint he lookin a little weak? My pennies are goin for that boy, one commented.Eh, I always go with what the boss says. Besides, aint all about size, right? the scrawny one said, sounding affronted by the first guards implication. I slumped against the wall, closing my eyes. The hatred that my brother had for me was surely enough to want me dead. But would Damon really kill me?Im more vicious than a crocodile, brother, Damon said with a smile, his eyes still closed. And this is the best piece of news Ive heard since we turned into vampires He laughed, long and loud, until one of the guards clambered over and, scorn Gallaghers decree, jabbed him with a vervain-laced stake.But even then, he continued to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment